Friday, January 31, 2014

"Life is short, Heels shouldn't be"

Every since I was a little girl I have always loved high heels. I mean who hasn't snuck into their mothers closet just to try on her heels... Twirling around and feeling just like a princess. But because of my height, I'm about 5"9, I have always felt awkward wearing high heels. Fearing that I would be taller than my date, I have always opted for the boring high heels... The ones that only add about an inch to your height and look like something your grandmother might have worn to her prom. But luckily on the night of my senior prom I didn't have this problem. The guy who asked me was 6"1, which meant I could wear high heels. I was filled with excitement... I was finally going to be able to rock the high heels I had dreamed of wearing. This great news called for a trip to my favorite place, Southpark mall, to find the perfect high heel. After picking my dress up from Neiman's, my mother and I decided to look at the shoe section in Nordstrom. I turned and there on display in front of me was the perfect high heel... A Kate Spade shoe that looked like it had been made for a queen. After a considerable amount of begging and pleading, I convinced my mother to buy me the shoes. I couldn't believe it, these gorgeous magenta shoes with a gold lining and a large  bow on the front, were going to be mine. Prom was no royal ball but I felt like a princess in my high heels. 
Every since prom night I have not been as lucky with my dates. I seem to find guys who are only a few inches taller than me. Which sadly means that I have to crawl to the back of my closet and pull out my grandmother high heels, the ones that I would rather burn than wear to another formal. For fear of spending the rest of my life in ugly heels, I have decided to embrace my height. I am going to rock my heels with pride, even if that means towering over my date. Self confidence is key (or so they say) so Im going to stand tall and show off my gorgeous heels with pride. 





No comments:

Post a Comment