Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Fashion Birthplace

Coming from a small town where everyone was about two years behind in their fashion, I decided to seek inspiration elsewhere. My obsession with clothing truly began the first time I stepped foot in Southpark mall in Charlotte, NC. There was almost to much glamour for my young eyes to behold and I knew at that moment that I had fallen into a deep love. One that would never go away, no matter how many times my friends and family scoffed at the price tags of the clothes I drooled over. I was mesmerized by the gorgeous window displays outside Louis Vuitton and Burberry and still make a point to take time to stare in awe at their decadence and attention to detail. One of my all time favorite Vuitton displays showed a large circle of different colored arrows and at its center was a gorgeous nude purse. After my mom finally tore me away from the window displays we decided to walk into the Nordstrom's shoe department.
And oh my... those red bottomed Christian Lubittion's had my heart racing. My love for all things designer still continues to this day but my poor bank account simply cant keep up with my expensive taste. So for now I continue to just look at the gorgeous designer clothing and dream of one day slipping on my Valentino black pumps with a bow on the front (that I have coveted since I was 14 years old) on my way to meet my husband for dinner at an elegant French restaurant. I mean c'mon can't a girl dream?

                                                     


1 comment:

  1. I love going to that mall! I'm always worried that I won't be dressed well enough and that they won't let me into the stores. They are just breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete