Monday, January 20, 2014

Its not the dress... but the man

Unlike most girls my age, I do not have my wedding perfectly planned out. In fact I've barely thought about it... I have no idea what color my bridesmaids will be wearing or where I want the ceremony to be held. Instead I have spent my time focusing on what kind of man I want to marry. I feel like this is such a foreign concept to many college girls, most dream of the perfect wedding and assume Prince Charming is just part of the package. Even though I want a beautiful wedding I know that is not the most important part, its just the first step. You see stars, like Kim Kardashian, who have these elaborate weddings and then get divorced 72 days later. I just think that is insane. I don't want fading happiness... I'm looking for a love that is going to last a lifetime. 

Although I have never put much thought into my wedding, I have always dreamed of my married life. I feel like sometimes girls forget about this part. I know marriage is hard but I can not wait for the challenge. It is so inspiring to know that one day I will marry someone and hopefully spend the rest of my life with them. We will have a bond unlike any other because of the promises that we have made. I have spent a great deal of time thinking about the kind of man I want to marry. My ideal man is not going to be perfect because perfection does not exist. He will certainly have his flaws but I want him to strive to be the best husband and father he can be. I want a man who is God fearing and always puts his faith first. I want a man who loves me with all his heart and will not give up on our love. I also dream of being a mother. I began babysitting at a young age and instantly feel in love with children. Every time I think about motherhood a huge embarrassing grin spreads across my face. I have always wanted three kids: two boys and one beautiful little girl. My girl will be her daddy's angel and will always have a special place in his heart. But I like to think my boys will have a fire about them that can not be tamed. So while other girls dream of their wedding day... I choose to dream about the days that will eventually follow. The time I will spend with my husband and the children I so desperately want. I believe that the sheer bliss that comes from weddings eventually fades and all you are left with is love. For some this love will fade but for others who are willing to work at it, their love with continue. This kind of love is what great novels are written about and it is exactly what I have spent my whole life dreaming of. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet! You definitely have your priorities in order.

    ReplyDelete